Terms & Conditions of Sale
Before you order
Thank you for your interest in ordering from DriveTrade. Please take note of this important information as it may have implications for your order.
Please note that you can contact us at any time with any questions by using the contact seller button available towards the top of this page.
Business Day means a day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in the place where the Services are principally being carried out or the Goods provided.
Customer means the person identified on a Quote or Order as the customer and includes the Customer's agents and permitted assigns.
Goods means any goods supplied by the Supplier including those supplied in the course of providing Services.
Intellectual Property Rights means intellectual property rights at any time protected by statute or common law, including copyright, trade marks, patents and registered designs.
Loss includes, but is not limited to, costs (including party to party legal costs and the Supplier's legal costs), expenses, lost profits, award of damages, personal injury and property damage.
Order means a purchase order for Goods or Services placed by a Customer in response to a Quote and as varied in writing from time to time by the parties.
PPS Law means:
- the Personal Property Security Act 2009 (Cth) ( PPS Act ) and any regulation made at any time under the PPS Act (each as amended from time to time); and
- any amendment made at any time to any other legislation as a consequence of a PPS Law.
Purchase Service is the service provided by Altapac Services Pty Ltd which enables you to purchase from this website.
Quote means a written description of the Goods or Services to be provided, an estimate of the Supplier's charges for the performance of the required work and an estimate of the time frame for the performance of the work.
Services means the services to be provided by the Supplier to the Customer in accordance with a Quote and these terms of trade.
Supplier means the entity specified as the supplier of Goods or Services on the Quote and includes the Supplier's agents and permitted assigns.
We accept Visa, Mastercard through the EWay merchant payment system, and Visa, Mastercard and American Express through the Paypal payment system.
We do accept direct bank deposit. We do not accept cash, cheque, or other third-party money transfer.
All of the products we sell come with manufacturer's warranties which protect you against manufacturing faults and defects.
The warranty varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, so if you feel you have a warranty claim, please contact us.
You acknowledge that Altapac Services Pty Ltd as the operator of this website, does not make any terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions whatsoever regarding the Products other than provided for pursuant to these Terms.
Altapac Services Pty Ltd will make every effort to ensure a Product is accurately depicted on the Website, however, you acknowledge that sizes, colours and packaging may differ from what is displayed on the Website.
Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in these Terms are excluded; and
- Altapac Services Pty Ltd will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Purchase Services or the late supply of the Purchase Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
Use of the Website, the Purchase Services, and any of the products of Altapac Services Pty Ltd (including the Delivery Services), is at your own risk. Everything on the Website, the Purchase Services, and the Products of Altapac Services Pty Ltd, are provided to you on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors of Altapac Services Pty Ltdincluding any third party where the Delivery Services are made available to you) make any express or implied representation or warranty about its Content or any products or Purchase Services (including the products or Purchase Services of Altapac Services Pty Ltd) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Purchase Service, or any of its Content related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Purchase Services or any of the Products;
- the Content or operation in respect to links which are provided for the User's convenience;
- any failure to complete a transaction, or any loss arising from e-commerce transacted on the Website; or
- any defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
Returns & Refunds
We accept returns. Please contact our customer service immediately if;
- Your item arrives damaged or malfunctioning
- You change your mind and wish to request a return
- You have ordered the wrong products for your vehicle
- You want to make a warranty claim for an item you have purchased from us.
- You are not satisfied with a product you have purchased from us.
We reserve the right to refuse a return for change-of-mind returns or for situations where you have ordered the wrong product.
You must comply with all instructions provided to you by our customer service team.
Costs of Returns not covered by Warranty or Australian Consumer Law.
For returns to us of items which you have purchased incorrectly or changed your mind on may incur a fee.
In most cases, you will be responsible for the shipping costs both ways. This means the cost of getting the product you're returning back to us, and the cost of sending a replacement product to you if that is applicable.
You may also incur a restocking fee for items that are being returned to us in a non-resaleable condition. This includes items which;
- Have been opened and their packaging breached or damaged.
- Have been installed.
- Have been altered.
- Have been damaged.
The restocking fee varies from product to product. For most products, the restocking fee is 15% of the total price of the returned good(s). The restocking fee is 50% of the total price of the returned good(s) for products that have been altered or cut to fit a vehicle that has been incorrectly selected.
Please note that these costs are not applicable to products covered under manufacturer's warranties or Australian Consumer Law.
There are a lot of vehicle-specific items sold by DriveTrade. We endeavour to ensure that all the vehicle fitment is up to date and correct at the time of publishing.
If you are at all unsure of which product is best suited for your vehicle, please contact us using the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the page.
The Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of New South Wales Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
Acceptance of Goods
If the Customer fails to advise the Supplier in writing of any fault in Goods or failure of Goods to accord with the Customer's Order within 48 hours of delivery, the Customer is deemed to have accepted the Goods and to have accepted that the Goods are not faulty and accord with the Customer's Order. Nothing in this paragraph affects the Customer's rights for any alleged failure of a guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law.
The vast majority of our items are shipped from our warehouse in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia.
We use third-party couriers for deliveries. Our most commonly used courier partners are:
- Star Track Express
- Australia Post
You may select to have your goods delivered and insured during shipment. You acknowledge and agree that Altapac Services Pty Ltd is not the provider of these delivery and insurance options and merely facilitates your interaction with the third-party courier partners in respect to providing the Delivery Services.
We do offer a pickup option from our premises in Kotara, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia by appointment only.
We do not offer shipping to any countries other than Australia at this stage.
We aim to dispatch all orders within 1 business day of your full payment. If you need to cancel your order after it has been dispatched, our standard Returns & Refund policy may apply.
We may dispatch some items from our supplier's warehouses in cases where the products are particularly bulky which we do not have in stock at the time of you placing your order. These warehouses are located in Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, Australia.
We regret that our supplier's warehouses are not open to the public and we are therefore unable to offer a pickup option for products being dispatched from these locations.
We ship the vast majority of our products with TNT/FedEx Express but we reserve the right to use other carriers should the need arise due to your location, the size of the consignment or the cost of shipping.
Some shipments may be dispatched in more than one carton.
Images on our Listings
We aim to ensure all images displayed on our listings are accurate however, all images are for illustration purposes only and are to be used as a guide only.